Traveling tips

International Soccer & Education Courses

Traveling Tips

Posted Friday, August 17, 2018

Football Traveling Tips

Packing: Never pack essential documents, medicine, or other important materials in your checked luggage. Put them in your carry-on bag. Remember to pack light, as you are responsible for carrying your own luggage! EduKick applicants will be emailed an official “check list” a month prior to departing.

Cash: Never carry large amounts of cash. EduKick recommends the use of travelers checks. Have three lists of checks. Leave one at home. Carry one list with your checks and carry one list separately from your checks. Keep two lists up-to-date as you cash checks. Keep the receipts for your checks separate from your traveler’s checks. For the small amount of cash you need, try using a necklace pouch or a money belt.
Ticket: Make a copy of your ticket or, list your ticket number, all flights included, and name and address of issuing agency, and keep this list separate from your ticket.
Credit Cards: Take only the cards you will use on the trip. Keep separate a list of cards, numbers, and emergency replacement procedures.
Luggage: Mark luggage clearly with your name and address. Mark bags in some distinctive way, so they are easily found. Travel light its less cumbersome! We recommend that EduKick youth travel with only their sport bag and one additional piece of luggage. EduKick youth will have laundry privileges in their Spanish homes.
Medicines: Take what you need for the trip. Take a copy of your prescription(s), with the generic name of the drug(s). Keep medicines in original drugstore containers. Take extra glasses and your lenses prescription with you. Make their EduKick staff aware of any medicine you will be carrying.
With your family develop, a plan for regular telephone or e-mail contact
Use banks to exchange your money: do not exchange your money on the black market, on the street. Do not carry on your person more money than you need for the day. Carry your credit cards, etc. in a very safe place.
We pride ourselves in providing a full package of services inside our tuition fees. We include accommodation; food, local transport, medical insurance, training kit, academics, football training, matches, welfare, supervision and airport pick up/drop off.


All travelers between countries must have a passport. The passport is your official identification as a citizen of the United States. It is issued by the Department of State, and is good for a period of 10 years (5 years for those under 18). You must have a valid passport on your person to show border and customs authorities when you enter or leave the United States or when crossing most other national borders, as well as on various other occasions that require official verification of your citizenship.
It is important to remember that your passport is your most important legal document while traveling overseas.
Carry with you–separate from your passport–two extra passport pictures, passport number, date and place issued, and a certified-not photocopied-copy (not the original) of your birth certificate or an expired passport. If your passport is lost, report to Edukick staff who will contact police and get written confirmation of the police report to take to the nearest United States Consulate to assist you in applying for a new passport. Passports are issued at any office of the U.S. Passport Agency or through one of the several thousand federal or state courts or U.S. post offices authorized to accept passport applications.
The completed passport application for those who have never been issued a passport by the U.S. before must be accompanied by:
Proof of citizenship–naturalization certificate if you are a naturalized citizen or a birth certificate if you are a citizen by birth. Birth certificates must be official, i.e., bearing the seal of the state in which you were born; hospital certificates are not official and will only delay the processing of your passport application. Applications for official birth certificates can also be obtained from the local post office.
Two identical photographs (2″ square on white background) taken within six months of the date of your application.
Proof of your identity, such as a current driver’s license with your signature and photograph.
The required payment. The standard passport fee is $40.00 for individuals under 18 years of age, and $65.00 for individuals 18 years of age or older. This fee is collected at the time you submit your application. Allow about three to four weeks for processing of your application.
If you already have a U.S. passport AND IT WILL EXPIRE BEFORE YOU COMPLETE YOUR TIME ABROAD, you should apply for a new passport before you depart from the U.S. Your current passport usually suffices for identification of your birth and citizenship, but new photos and the fee are of course required.
For more information, write to:
The Bureau of Consular Affairs
Office of Passport Services, Room 386Department of State 1425 K Street Washington D.C. 20524
Phone: 202-647-0518.

Manchester Football Player Successes

Play Video

Attention Soccer Players

Player Registration