EduKick UK Junior Football Academy students immerse into regular school life living on-site in the residence dorms and attending academic classes daily following the UK National Curriculum or the International Baccalaureate (IB). The school academic timetable is carefully constructed to allow our participating student-footballers to balance their academy football training and pursuit of academic excellence.
We offer our EduKick international student-footballers with limited English an intensive one-year English Language Programme, which leads to GCSE or IGCSE in English, Mathematics, Science, Geography, and Economics.
GCSE (Age 14-16 School Years 10-11)
Students study a maximum of 10 subjects at GCSE Level, spread over two years. English, Mathematics and Science are compulsory.
AS and A-Level (Age 16+, Years 12-13)
A-Levels have been the basis of assessment for university entrance in the UK. AS-Levels are undertaken in Year 12 and A2 in Year 13. Students normally choose to study between four subjects at a Level and three subjects at A2.
International Baccalaureate (Age 16-18, Years 12-13)
The IB course is also another way into international and British universities and is also helpful if students are hoping to study overseas. It offers a broader program of study than A-Levels. Students will take six subjects – three at a standard level and three at a higher level.
Our modern accommodation provides a high quality, comfortable, and secure environment for our students, with residential staff on-site to tend to the students’ needs 24 hours a day.
There are a variety of rooms within the boarding house at the football academy, the majority of which are single and twin, with en-suite options. Wi-Fi internet connection is available throughout the school. Our students also have access to a common room and TV lounge
Home from Home
Within this rich mix of people, students come to see themselves as global citizens who enjoy getting to understand different cultures. Living together at the college, they engage with each other’s language, food and traditions as part of their daily life. Events and projects that involve friendly competition between the Houses build bonds across the school years.
The College provides hot meals at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, for all students, ensuring that they benefit from a nutritious and healthy diet every day, including weekends. Our large dining area is the social hub of the school, and we make it our duty to ensure a variety of foods are served. In addition, there are catering facilities within each boarding house.
About the EduKick UK Football Academy
EduKick UK Football and Education Academies (EIFA) has always had an excellent track record of developing and improving football soccer players. EduKick UK is one of the earliest independent football academies for international students, first established in England in 2005. Participating international student-footballers, in addition to regular school services (boarding & academics) will receive the following:
- First-class facilities, including natural grass pitches
- Pro training by UEFA qualified staff led by ex-EPL pro David Raven
- Regular competitive football match play
- Talent Identification in front of scouts, pro club coaches, and agents
- Quality Academic support
- Pathways to football-related professions via the higher education
- Pathways to University entrance
- Regular fitness testing
- Structured individual condition programs & team training
- Tactical and technical skill development
- Game analysis video review
- One to One review with technical staff
COURSE FEE INCLUDES:
- Academic and boarding fees (includes 3 meals per day and 3 x half-term supervised living breaks)
- School uniform package
- Arrival & Departure airport transfers upon at the start/end of each of the three terms
- Daily Structured football coaching with EduKick UEFA qualified to coach staff led by former Liverpool FC professional David Raven
- Guest coaching sessions from professional club academy coaches
- 1x football (soccer) excursion per school term – watch a professional match, visit a professional club Academy for a coaching session, etc.…
- UK Football (Soccer) Trials – Twice per school year participants are entered into a one-day trial event attended by UK professional club scouts
- Regular friendly matches as part of the EduKick Ellesmere representative squad against the pro club, semi & pro, and college academy development squads
- Placement to football (soccer) age-specific team for competitive match play in the school’s league
- Football (soccer) evaluation progress reports every 6 weeks
- Online player profile/CV
- EduKick training kit package
NOT INCLUDED IN COURSE FEES:
- Return airfares
- Accommodation between term 1 and term 2
- International student medical/travel insurance
Exposure to professional clubs is provided throughout the duration of our EduKick UK Football Academy course in the following 3 keyways
- Competitive Friendly matches (sixth form 16+ only)– On a regular basis the EduKick UK representative squad will play matches against professional and semi-professional club youth soccer academy or development squads or against local Northwest College teams whose coaches are also scouts for professional and semi-professional clubs. These matches provide a regular opportunity for participants to showcase their talents directly and indirectly to clubs. Follow up matches are often organized later in the season so the clubs and College scouts can measure the progress of our participants during the real game and football training sessions. These fixtures also allow the players the opportunity to put into practice the work they have done in soccer training sessions and are followed up with squad meetings to review performance and progression.
- Lower School (11 – 13) participants are not physically developed enough to participate in these matches. If participation numbers allow matches against pro club or semi-pro club soccer academy teams will be arranged
- Middle School (13 – 16) some participants may be physically developed enough to participate in these matches the EduKick UK coaching staff may invite a middle school scholar to participate in a match should they feel it appropriate. If participation numbers allow matches against pro club or semi pro club age-appropriate academy teams will be arranged
- Professional Club guest coaching sessions– EduKick Football Academy has affiliations with many professional clubs in the Northwest of England. EduKick England scholars will receive guest coaching sessions from professional club coaches on a regular basis. It is important that our participants are exposed to all levels of the professional game in England and these sessions help our participants to measure their ability levels with those required of a professional club Academy player as well as providing them with a direct trial exposure opportunity. The guest sessions will be conducted by a selection of the following EduKick England affiliate professional clubs
- Blackburn Rovers FC (Championship)
- Wigan Athletic FC (Championship)
- Burnley FC (Championship)
- Blackpool FC (Championship)
- Preston North End FC (League 1)
- Oldham Athletic FC (League 1)
- Bury FC ((League 1)
- Fleetwood Town FC (League 2)
- Rochdale FC (League 2)
- Morecambe FC (League 2)
- Accrington Stanley FC (League 2)
- Stockport County FC (Blue Square North)
- Club Exposure Trials – All EduKick UK Football Academy student-players are entered into open trial events twice per academic year that take place in the Northwest. We have carefully selected and partnered with a well-respected and ethically minded UK national scouting/ football trials organization to give our participants the maximum opportunity to expose their talents in front of the invited professional & semi-professional club scouts & coaches. In the weeks leading up to the open trial event, our participants will be visited by one of the national scouting/trials organization coaches who will deliver a guest coaching session and ensure all our participants are ready and prepared for the trial. The coaching staff is all highly qualified and the head coach in attendance at the open trial event will hold a UEFA Pro license which is the highest-level soccer training qualification in the world so the coaching and feedback each participant receives is of the highest caliber. During the following weeks after the event, EduKick UK coaching staff will be contacted by the national scouting/trials organization to arrange individual follow up trials for selected participants.
EduKick UK Junior Boarding School COURSE DATES & COSTS
The program starts September 06, 2022 – and ends June 05, 2023 (with short breaks between Terms)
(Note: The campus and football academy program are closed between each term, so students are required to make alternative arrangements most returning home for a break. During the half terms while the campus is closed for academic study/classes there is a half-term guardianship package available that provides accommodation and welfare for an extra fee)